Monday, March 16, 2009

Rent

A major favorite thing. I love the musical "Rent". It taught me compassion. It taught me how to feel for people even if you don't agree with everything they do. Not to mention it is just beautifully done. The staging is creative and artistic, and for some reason I love being taken back to the 90's when I watch it.
Last Saturday I saw "Rent" for the 4th time. This showing was with Adam Paschall and Anthony Rapp, the original Roger and Mark. To say this was a treat is the understatement of the year. For me, it was 12 years of dreaming come to life. They were excellent, even if they are too old for the young starving artist roles they portray. I frankly was just excited to hear their voices live!
If you've never seen the show, I obviously highly recommend it. If you can't see the show, just listen to the soundtrack. Some of the music is a bit wacky, but most is just beautiful and the message of "No Day But Today" is one we all need to remember.

No comments: