Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trader Joe's Fire Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Butter Sauce

I am not a fan of vegetables. It takes everything to get me to actually eat them. I do enjoy grilled vegetables, but I hate taking the time to make them and clean everything up after. So, imagine my delight when I walked the frozen food aisle at Trader Joe's and found Fire Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Butter Sauce! I buy frozen vegetables a lot with the intent to use them, but I get them home and think "How boring. Plain, old vegetables." But not these. Last night I finally emptied the contents of the bag onto a plate and microwaved it. These veggies were amazing in this balsamic sauce. The sweet and tangy flavor of the balsamic packed a lot of flavor into the veggies and because they are just roasted they are pretty healthy for you. Only 70 calories a serving and a serving is a half cup! I took the rest of the vegetables and divided them into individual portions so they are all ready for the next few nights. I'm so glad I finally found vegetables I enjoy!

No comments: